Friday, September 29, 2017

flannel friday: how to make a pizza

We had a great pizza themed storytime today!

Pizza Idea #1

Would you all like to help me make a pizza?

This is the way we toss the dough, toss the dough, toss the dough
this is the way we toss the dough
when we make a pizza!

(Everyone loved watching me try to catch -- and mostly, drop! -- my felt pizza dough! if you prefer, you could change this line to knead or roll the dough. i like to be a little silly with the kids)



This is the way we spread the sauce....



Hey, do you know what this is? CHEESE!

This is the way we sprinkle the cheese...



Do you like pepperoni?

This is the way we add the meat...



Here are some other toppings: green peppers! white mushrooms! purple onions! black olives! yellow pineapple!

This is the way we add the veggies....



Okay, its almost ready!
This is the way we slice it up....

It's time to eat!
This is the way we eat it up...

thanks for helping me make a delicious pizza!

Pizza Idea #2




Puppet Song: Who Stole the Pizza From the Pizza Box?
(note: i've never been to Ohio but someone shipped me something in this cute box & i knew it would come in handy someday!)

Boy, I sure am getting hungry! Do you guys mind if I eat some pizza that I brought today?

the crime scene!


Oh no! my pizza is gone! Who stole my pizza?

the suspects!


Maybe...
Fuzzy stole the pizza from from the pizza box!
Who me? 
Yes you!
Couldn’t be! 
Then who?

Maybe...
Kitty Cat stole the pizza from the…

Or Very Hungry Caterpillar stole the pizza from the…

Are you sure it wasn't you, Caterpillar? You are the VERY HUNGRY Caterpillar!

Wait a minute, have you guys seen Mr Frog lately? Where did he go???

Here he is -- in my big straw box – MUNCHING on my pizza!!

the mystery is solved!


Mr Frog stole the pizza from the pizza box!
Yes, I stole the pizza from the pizza box!
Are you hungry? 
Uh huh!
Let’s share! 
ok!



Thanks for reading! If you want to check out our Paper Plate Pizza Craft, check out my Pizza post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment