Thursday, August 17, 2017

baby & me: sun & moon

With all the excitement surrounding the eclipse this week, I chose the sun and moon for my theme this week!


Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a moon! Hello Moon!



Prop Song: Zoom Zoom Zoom, We’re Going to the Moon! (Sun and stars too!)
From Jbrary





Books We Read:
Goodnight Moon- Brown
You Are My Sunshine- Church





Flannel Board: I Love You Sun

I made a flannel board to go with the Tomie DePaola book since the only one I can find is a board book version that is too small for my large group. I printed clipart to go with the text and sang it to the "You Are My Sunshine" tune.

Puppet Song: Peekaboo with Bunny


I have this adorable puppet (see previous pic) from a storytelling set purchased from Lakeshore. we covered him up with a scarf & played peekaboo today.

Where is Bunny? Peeka BOO!
Where is Bunny? Peeka BOO!
Where is Bunny? Peeka BOO!
Peekaboo to Bunny!

We had a ton of people today but everyone was super about participating and not chatting. a really great morning! at least like 30 babies and even more adults. very nice group.

No comments:

Post a Comment