Tuesday, July 11, 2017

toddler time: going bananas!

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a monkey! Oh wait, there’s something else in here: it's a banana! Do monkeys like to eat BANANAS? Yes, they sure do!




Puppet Song: I’m a Little Monkey (tune: I’m a Little Teapot)

I’m a little monkey, watch me play!
Munching on bananas every day.
I can leap & fly from tree to tree,
Lots of jungle friends to hang with me.




Books We Read:
What Is a Banana? - Singer (cute!)
Charlie and the Banana Monster






Flannel Board: Silly Bananas

This is a set I purchased on Etsy and I love it!


Prop Song: Bananas Unite



I use this homemade banana prop to introduce this song & I learned it from Jbrary. I usually do this one in every toddler time, just before we start the craft & everyone loves it!






Craft: Happy Bananas

I cut white banana shapes so the kids could make them whatever color they liked. We pasted a yellow banana skin on top and added sticker or wiggle eyes.

Really rainy today but we got two nice sized groups of about 14-16 kids. I was amazed because two families came a long way in bad weather to attend; one from Hazlet, NJ and another from the Bronx!



No comments:

Post a Comment