Friday, July 14, 2017

shark day!

Sensational Shark Books:






Shark Flannel Song: Baby Shark



I purchased this set on Etsy because it was sooo cute! And we sang the happy Jbrary version.



Silly Shark Song: (with fish finger puppets)




4 Little Fishies swimming in the sea
Teasing Mr Shark Oh you can’t catch me!
Along came Mr Shark as quiet as can be and…
SNAP!!

Countdown 3,2,1

It never seems like a satisfying ending to me so I brought all the fishies back for one more verse like they do in this video. we also used their movements!



4 Little Fishies swimming in the sea
Teasing Mr Shark Oh you can’t catch me!
Along came Mr Shark as quiet as can be and…
The fishies went SNAP!!
And the shark was never seen again.


Shark Prop: Sheldon the Shark (idea from Sunflower Storytime)




Sheldon the Shark is oh so hungry!
Someone put a nice red fish in his tummy!

I hid a bunch of fishies around our program room & let the kids go fishing while I passed out the craft stuff. I asked everyone to write their name on their fish before they fed it to Sheldon & I drew one name for a big prize!


Shark Crafts:



We made shark necklaces from OTC kits. I had just enough kits for everyone so that was lucky. I also printed shark hats from Etsy.


Shark Games:




We had a “Walk the Plank” (& don’t step on any sharks!) as everyone entered the program room.






We also had a bean bag fish/inflatable shark mouth toss game; both from OTC.



Shark Giveaways:




All participants got cool shark glasses and tattoos! We also had a drawing to giveaway a cool shark hat.

Today was a little on the wild side; no one really wanted to be quiet at times. My favorite parts were Baby Shark song and the Three Little Fishes and the Big Bad Shark book because I got to read with my shark puppet and pound on the table when he knocks on their doors. The games were also very fun. 

We have more shark stories & crafts so we are having another Shark Day next month; stay tuned!!



No comments:

Post a Comment