Friday, June 23, 2017

toddler time: tigers ROAR!

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a TIGER! What does a tiger say?



Puppet Song: The Tiger

(tune: Frere Jacques)
Orange and black, great big cat!
4 big paws! Long sharp claws!
Through the jungle running!
Do you see her coming?
What a sight! Does she bite?

Then I showed everyone that my tiger puppet has no teeth so she won’t be biting anyone LOL!

Books We Read:
Don’t Wake Up the Tiger- Teckentrup (LOVE THIS!!! A little long for my toddlers but very interactive so most were listening)
If You See a Tiger- Powell (short & sweet lift the flap)

Flannel Board: Deep in the Jungle (Tiger Version)



So I have used this for my Lion theme and I didn’t want to do the same exact thing so I switched up the words and counted up instead of down. Worked great!!

Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
1 tiny tiger cub roaring loud and clear!
ROAR says the tiger cub.
Hello I say (wave at felt board)
Then another tiny tiger cub
came to play!

Count up until:
Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
5 tiny tiger cubs roaring loud and clear!
ROAR say the tiger cubs.
GOODBYE I say (wave at felt board)
Then all the tiny tiger cubs
Ran away!



Craft: I found a Circle Tiger worksheet online so I printed the tiger faces on orange cardstock. I pre-cut them, then cut tons of orange circle tiger ears. Considered letting the families cut and i probably would not have pre-cut it for my preschoolers but decided to streamline things for the little ones. I passed out eye stickers if they wanted and jumbo popsicle sticks, & the tigers came out sooo great!!



Two nice groups today, great size, a little chatty but a fun theme! Loved the puppet song & flannel board. Books were good too!



No comments:

Post a Comment