Thursday, April 13, 2017

baby & me: baskets of bunnies!

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a basket full of BUNNIES! How many bunnies do we have? 1 -2 -3!




Puppet Song #1: Three Little Bunnies

Three little bunnies in a basket green
Hopping up and down so happily
If you wave to them, they’ll say “Hi!”
And when they’re tired of hopping
They’ll say “bye bye!”
(From Jane Marino’s Babies in the Library)

Puppet Song #2: Ten Little Bunnies




I learned this wonderful song on Jbrary (with fingers) and we sing it almost every week. So for spring, I thought why not substitute bunnies? These bunny puppet gloves were purchased on ebay and made by Pier One, but you could easily make your own from felt or clipart.

I loved this one so much that I'm already planning to re-use it next week for our counting theme.

I have 1, I have 2, I have 3 little bunnies
I have 4, I have 5, I have 6 little bunnies
I have 7, I have 8, I have 9 little bunnies
10 little bunnies on my hands!

They can hop, they can hop, they can hop – in the morning! (move hands up and down)
They can hop, they can hop, they can hop – in the evening!
They can hop, they can hop, they can hop – in the moonlight!
10 little bunnies on my hands!

They can dance, they can dance, they can dance – in the morning! (wiggle fingers)
They can dance, they can dance, they can dance – in the evening!
They can dance, they can dance, they can dance – in the moonlight!
10 little bunnies on my hands!



Books We Read: 
One More Tickle- McBratney (I was a little nervous about this one because it is a little hard to maneuver but the kids LOVED it! All the walkers were crowded around my legs to see this bunny!)


Flannel Board: Hippity Hop Hippity Hay

Found this rhyme with a cute little ending HERE.




free printable! i think it was supposed to be a foldable box.


Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
Four little bunnies went out to play
Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
One little bunny hopped away
Bye bunny!

Count down until no bunnies are left

Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
No little bunnies went out to play
Because all our little bunnies have run away!

We had a lovely group today with about 20 babies including a couple of old friends that we haven’t seen in a while so that was nice. A few new faces too! Loved my book and puppet songs. Flannel board was great also.

No comments:

Post a Comment