Friday, January 6, 2017

toddler time: time for toys!



Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a ball, a race car, a doll and a teddy bear! How many TOYS do we have today? 1, 2, 3, 4 toys! Where do we put our toys? In the toybox!! This prop was part of a nice set purchased from Lakeshore Learning.





Books We Read: 
What’s That Noise? – Cocoretto
How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Toys?- Yolen
Playing- Slegers






Flannel Board:  5 Little Toys On the Play Room Floor

Ok, I have some toys to show you today! 
Name each one as we place them on the felt board. 

How many toys do we have today? 
Count them up together.

5 little toys on the play room floor
I’m not playing with them any more
I pick one up and put it away. (removed one & placed in my little red basket)
I’ll play with that one another day.

Now how many toys do we have?
Count down until all the toys are put away.





Craft: Toy Wagon

I found this coloring sheet so I printed it on white cardstock -- two to a page. The kids colored the wagon and toys, decorated with star stickers and attached a pipe cleaner “handle”. At first, I was afraid this craft might be a little boring but the kids loved the stickers and the colorful pipe cleaners made it a little more special. The Slegers’ story ends with a bunch of toys in a wagon so it was the perfect “lead in” for this craft.

Two pretty small groups here today on another snowy Friday but no one was really complaining about having a nice mellow morning. Ended up being a really cute theme; I especially liked the flannel story. Yolen’s dinosaur books are always fun to read aloud!


No comments:

Post a Comment