Friday, January 13, 2017

baby & me: smitten with mittens!

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a mitten!! What color is our mitten?? RED!


Prop Song: One Red Mitten

(borrowed from Storytime Secrets!)



I used construction paper mittens on popsicle sticks for this song:

(tune: Skip to My Lou)
One red mitten, what will I do?
One red mitten, what will I do?
One red mitten, what will I do?
I’ll find the other one,
Now there’s two!

(repeat with green and blue mittens)






Books We Read: 
Welcome Winter- Little Scholastic
Baby Loves Winter- Katz





Flannel Story: Red Mitten, Red Mitten, What Do You See?

This flannel idea came from Childcareland.

Red mitten, red mitten, what do you see?
I see a yellow mitten looking at me!

Continue thru all of your colors and then:

Purple mitten, purple mitten what do you see?
I see lots of colorful mittens, that’s what I see!

We had a great class and about 18 babies on this bright and sunny January morning. The temperature went up to 60 degrees today but it was still fun to sing and read about winter! I wish every winter day could be this nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment