Thursday, January 5, 2017

baby and me: who's number one?

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a lion!! What does a lion say??

Puppet Song: I’m a Lion (tune: 3 Blind Mice)

I’m a lion! I’m a lion!
Hear me ROAR! Hear me ROAR!
I love to sleep out in the sun
And chase other animals just for fun
In all the jungle I’m NUMBER ONE
I’m a lion





Books We Read:
You Are One- O’Leary
One Naked Baby- Smith


Flannel Story: One Little Flower



One little flower
One little bee
One little bird high in a tree
One little brown bear smiling at me.
One is the number I like you see!

Puppet Song: Baa Baa Black Sheep

Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.
One for my master, one for my dame,
one for the little boy who lives down the lane.
Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.

I have a reversible sheep finger puppet that I found on ebay so I made the sheep turn from black to white and we sang a second verse: Baa baa WHITE sheep/one for the little GIRL who lives down the lane. I don't do a ton of nursery rhymes but its nice to use one that everyone can sing along with.


I thought it would be fun to kick off our first Baby and Me of 2017 with the NUMBER ONE! It was a cold morning but we had a great sized group of about 20 babies. I felt so happy to see everyone again after a couple of weeks off for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment