Monday, October 17, 2016

toddler time: fun in the forest

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a TREE! Who is hiding in our tree today?




If you’re ever in the forest, the forest, the forest
If you’re ever in the forest, you might hear an OWL!

What does an owl say? WHOOOOOO!

She sits in her tree and hoots at me
If you’re ever in the forest, you might see an OWL!

Here’s another tree:

If you’re ever in the forest, the forest, the forest
If you’re ever in the forest, you might hear a BEAR!

What does a bear say? GRRRRR!

He growls in his tree and waves at me
If you’re ever in the forest, you might see a BEAR!

And here is our last tree:

If you’re ever in the forest, the forest, the forest
If you’re ever in the forest, you might hear some BIRDS!

What does a BIRD say? TWEET! These are woodpeckers so they also PECK!

They peck in their tree and sing to me
If you’re ever in the forest, you might see some BIRDS!

I based this song one one I found HERE.








Books We Read: 
Who’s in the Forest- Gershator (very cute!)
Peck Peck Peck- Cousins (handed out paper woodpecker puppets but still too long for my toddlers)






Flannel Board:  Five Little Owls (with my felt tree puppet)




5 little owls sitting in the tree
1 flew away!
How many do you see?

(Count down to 4,3,2,1,0)







Craft: Paper Towel Tube Trees

I cut green poster board tree tops for the kids to color. I passed out owl stickers from the dollar store to decorate. I cut the paper towel tubes in half then the adults made a cut on each side to insert the tree tops. They came out GREAT!

We had over 45 kids today for Toddler Time. The first session was huge! I passed out woodpecker puppets to use during Peck Peck Peck but no one was paying attention by then so I skipped it for the second group and went right to the craft after the Banana Song. The puppet song was a hit! The kids loved the craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment