Thursday, September 22, 2016

toddler time: big yellow bus

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a bus! What color is our bus? How many wheels does it have?




Books We Read: 
The Bus for Us - Bloom (great for this age group!)
Maisy Drives the Bus- Cousins (cute!)





Flannel Board:  The Wheels/Seals on the Bus

(Printed from Makinglearningfun.com)

I placed my yellow bus on the flannel board first and asked, "What is missing on our bus?"

The wheels!

The wheels on the bus go round and round….

What else is missing? Uh oh! Who is driving our bus? We need a driver. Here he is! A tiger! What does a tiger say?

ROAR!

The tiger on the bus says roar roar roar….

Look who wants to ride our bus – a sheep. What does a sheep say?

The sheep on the bus say baaa…

Who is next? A snake!

The snake on the bus says hiss….

Here comes a bunny; what does a bunny do? Hop!

At this point I handed out tambourines so we could make lots of noise along with the animals!




Then, we had Bunny hopping UP AND DOWN, monkey swinging ALL AROUND, and goose HONK-ing. Finally, two kids got on our bus & they thought it was too noisy!!

The kids on the bus say shhhhh shhhhh shhhh…








Craft: Maisy Bus Puppets

I printed a coloring page of Maisy driving a bus. The kids glued on the wheels and colored with our brand new jumbo crayons from Lakeshore Learning. I am obsessed with them!! The kids liked them too; I saw lots of rainbow buses as they tried out all the different colors.

Two large groups today and I was afraid we didn't have enough buses! I saved the flannel board for the end of the program since I knew it might get a little wild and it was nice to change things up a little. A great theme; I loved the books and the craft was awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas! I wonder where you find your graphics? I really would love to get the Hey Diddle Diddle ones! And there are others! So cute! Do you have a printout or weblink?

    ReplyDelete