Friday, July 29, 2016

toddler time: pete the cat

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a cat – it’s Pete the Cat! What color are Pete’s shoes? One red and one blue!




Books We Read: 
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes - Litwin/Dean(one of my most favorite books!)
Pete the Cat: Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star







Flannel Board:  Looking for Pete the Cat

I hid a laminated paper Pete behind a felt shoe. 
We counted the shoes and named the colors. then we looked under each one to find Pete.

Pete is hiding behind one of these shoes! will you help me find him?

Hey, Pete the Cat! 
Where are you?
Are you hiding under this groovy blue shoe?

repeat til Pete is found. He was hiding behind the purple shoe today!





Puppet Song: Zoom Zoom Zoom, We’re Going to the Moon (from Jbrary)

I brought out my puppets and we did the moon, the sun and the stars. 

I passed out yellow paper stars to all the kids. 

Hold your stars up, hold your stars down
Hold your stars and turn around
Hold your stars up
Hold your stars down
Put your stars on the ground

Then, I told the kids that Pete the Cat also loves stars! We looked at the cover of the Twinkle Twinkle book with moon and stars, then we sang just the last few pages together (just the verse everyone knows.)






Craft: Kids colored white cardstock sneakers and taped Pete the Cat on the back so it looked like he was peeking out of the shoe! I printed the Pete heads and the cardstock sneakers from clipart I found on the internet. I put a star sticker on each shoe.

The AC here is still out but we had a fun program anyway. A rainy day but we had two nice groups of about 17 kids each. I LOVE this theme! great morning despite feeling pretty sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment