Friday, July 15, 2016

toddler time: keep on trucking!

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a truck! What color is our truck? Red!

puppet by Folkmanis purchased on ebay


The wheels on the truck go round and round….all day long
The animals on the truck go up and down….
The pig on the truck says Oink Oink Oink…
The rooster on the trucks says cockadoodledoo….
The horn on the truck goes beep beep beep….all day long!







Books We Read: 
I Love Trucks- Sturges
Little Blue Truck Beep Along Book- Schertle ( I love books about Little Blue Truck but they are a little too long for my toddlers, EXCEPT this sing along one. I used it with hand puppets for each verse)

Mr Frog missed the photo



Flannel Board Song:  There Were Five in the Truck




There were 5 in the truck
And the little hen clucked:
MOVE OVER, MOVE OVER!
So they all moved over
And one fell out!

Repeat with 4,3,2.

There was ONE in the truck
And the little hen clucked:
“I’VE GOT THE WHOLE TRUCK TO MYSELF
I’VE GOT THE WHOLE TRUCK TO MYSELF
I’VE GOT THE WHOLE TRUCK TO MYSELF
I’VE GOT THE WHOLE TRUCK TO MYSELF!”



Craft: Session #1 - Ice Cream Trucks



I printed this coloring page two trucks to a sheet and pre-cut them. Kids colored and decorated with ice cream stickers that I made using clipart printed on avery labels with my color printer. 

I knew I did not have enough stickers for both sessions so...

Craft: Session #2 - Little Blue Puppets

I found a cute coloring page for Little Blue Truck with frog at the wheel. I printed them two to a sheet and pre-cut them. I considered using blue paint and cotton ball/clothespin paintbrushes to decorate but it was a large group and the paint can get so messy...



so we colored our trucks with crayons instead. Then we attached wiggle eyes and popsicle sticks.





Both crafts were very popular and this theme was awesome! I loved my flannel board and singing the Little Blue Truck book with puppets was fun. My favorite part was probably singing The Wheels on the Truck with my red truck puppet though; the kids just LOVE that puppet so much. 

Much better this week with a lot less adult chatter! Still thinking about taping up some rules though...

No comments:

Post a Comment