Tuesday, June 21, 2016

toddler time: hooray for hens!

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a chicken. What does a chicken say?




Nesting Chickens (borrowed from So Tomorrow)
Chicken, Chicken
I hear a sound
Cluck! 
Who is it? 

ANOTHER CHICKEN!

Chicken, Chicken
I hear a sound 
CHEEP CHEEP!
Who is it?

A LITTLE CHICK!

Chicky, Chicky
I hear a sound
Crack! 
What is it?
An egg!

Puppet/Shaker Song: I Know a Chicken

I passed out shaky eggs and we sang along to the Laurie Berkner song on cd while I waved around my Hen puppet.




Books We Read: 
Big Fat Hen- Baker
Charlie Chicken- Denchfield

Flannel Board:  Five Eggs and Five Eggs

Awesome free printable from Sunflower Storytime!


Craft: Cardstock Chickens




I cut shapes for the chicken's body, feet, & beak. Kids colored, attached wiggly eyes & red feathers and glued everything together. They came out super cute!

Both groups went well! Everyone missed me because I was off last week. A fun theme! 




I also tried out my new Song Cube today for the very first time. We usually end with If You're Happy & You Know It so I thought this might mix things up a little. I explained that we will roll the cube and sing the song that goes with the picture that ends up at the top. Of course, it has to land on the smiley face for what else? If You're Happy and You Know It ....AGAIN! The second session got to do 2 Little Bluebirds. The other songs on the cube are: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Mouse Ran Up the Clock, Zoom Zoom Zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment