Wednesday, June 29, 2016

my new favorite song for baby & me



I first learned my favorite new lapsit song from this post on Storytime Ukelele:

Little bird, little bird, fly through my window
Little bird, little bird, fly through my window
Little bird, little bird, fly through my window
Sing your song this morning

Then, The Wielded Pen - Children's Corner posted about a beautiful Butterfly version that I used last spring:



Butterfly, butterfly passing me by
Butterfly, butterfly passing me by
Butterfly, butterfly passing me by
Oh, what color are you?
(name the color)


In early June, I did a baby and me class about ducks and used the song again with my flannel board:




Duckling, duckling, passing me by
Duckling, duckling, passing me by
Duckling, duckling, passing me by
Oh, what color are you?
(We named the color as I placed it on my felt board.)




And this week, I adapted the song for my patriotic red, white and blue-themed lapsit program using fish props!



Little fish, little fish, passing me by
Little fish, little fish, passing me by
Little fish, little fish, passing me by
Oh, what color are you?
(We will name the color as I hold up the Red fish, then repeat it with white and blue fishes.) 

The fish are from an awesome Fish Bowl toy from Lakeshore Learning.

I just love it when I find a nice, catchy song that I can use all sorts of ways. This one is definitely a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment