Thursday, May 12, 2016

baby & me: reach for the sky!

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found three things: a cloud, a bird, & an airplane!





Puppet Song: Did You Ever See a Cloud?

Did you ever see a cloud, a cloud, a cloud?
Did you ever seen a cloud drift up in the sky?
Drift this way and that way and this way and that way.
Did you ever see a cloud drift up in the sky?

Repeat with Bird/Fly and Airplane/Zoom






Books We Read: 
Higher Higher- Patricelli
Twinkle Twinkle- Cabrera (I did not sing the text on each page because it would be very long. Instead, we all sang the regular verses while I flipped the pages. Worked great!)






Flannel Story: Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're Going to the Moon!

I saw this on Jbrary and fell in LOVE! We did all three verses while I put the felt pieces on the board. The babies bounced along during the verses. At the BLAST OFF part, I lifted my flannel board high in the air and many of the parents started lifting their babies at that part too. Next week, we will do this one again without the flannel board and I will use the motions. LOVED it!

Zoom Zoom Zoom, we're going to the moon.
Zoom Zoom Zoom, we're going to the moon.
If you want to take a trip, climb aboard my rocket ship
Zoom Zoom Zoom, we're going to the moon
in 5 4 3 2 1-- BLAST OFF!

Repeat with Far/Star and Fun/Sun

A great group today, a little wild at times but a really fun morning with a wonderful theme! About 22 babies which is a good number!

No comments:

Post a Comment