Thursday, May 26, 2016

baby & me: bugs & blooms


Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a ladybug & a bumble bee! 




Puppet Song: I Have a Little Ladybug from Jbrary (with an additional verse for Bumble Bee)

(tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb)

I have a little ladybug,
ladybug, ladybug
I have a little ladybug,
It’s wings are black and red.

See the little ladybug,
Ladybug, ladybug.
See the little ladybug
Flying here and there.

Now it’s landing on the ground,
On the ground, on the ground.
Now it’s landing on the ground
And crawling everywhere.

I repeated for the bumble bee puppet:

I have a little bumblebee,
bumblebee, bumblebee
I have a little bumble,
It is yellow and black.

See the little bumble bee,
bumble bee, bumble bee.
See the little bumblebee
buzzing here and there.

Now it’s landing on my arm,
On my arm, on my arm.
Now it’s landing on my arm
And buzzing everywhere.
BUZZZZZZZZZZ!!!





Books We Read: 
Buzz Buzz Baby- Katz
Guess What: Flowers- Yonezu





Flannel Story: Hide and Seek Bumble Bee

A bumble bee is hiding under one of these flowers, let’s find him!

I’m looking for a bumblebee
We’re playing hide and seek!
Is he hiding under the yellow flower?
Let’s take a peek!


A great class today with lots of participation. A little bit chatty at times but not too bad! About 22 babies. I loved the puppet song and books, but the flannel board was just ok today. Many of the parents told me that their babies love my songs and they sing them together all the time at home! One mom told me that my class is the highlight of her daughter's week. So nice to hear!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment