Friday, April 8, 2016

toddler time: stop & go traffic

Mystery Box: Inside our polka dotted box, we found a traffic light! I printed this cute clip art one from the internet.






We talked about the colors and sang this song:

Twinkle, twinkle traffic light
On the corner shining bright
Red means STOP
Green means GO
Yellow means slow down, you know
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light
On the corner shining bright

We also found a car in the Mystery Box. What color is it? I passed out cardstock cars to everyone and we did our usual rhyme:

Hold your car up high
Hold your car down low
Hold your car and turn around
Hold your car up high
Hold it down low
Put your car on the ground.

Then we sang:
I’m driving in my car
I’m driving in my car
Beep beep, toot toot
I’m driving in my car




Books We Read: 




Red Light Green Light- Suen (I love to sing this book to the Twinkle Twinkle tune.)
Maisy Drives the Bus- Cousins (we waved & said hello to all the bus passengers so it was super fun)


Flannel Board: Crazy Traffic Light




See the Flannel Friday post here. We did the first half only. I like the interactive/movement part the best. Maybe better for preschoolers than toddlers? Some of my toddlers are practically preschoolers by now, LOL!


Craft: Traffic Lights 




We made Storytime Katie’s traffic lights but not a necklace, just to hang up. The kids also colored their card stock cars while I passed out craft materials.

This was a fun theme and kids seemed engaged. My favorite part was surprising: the Maisy book! And the craft was fun and colorful and used shapes which was nice. Tons of kids in the first session, a decent sized group for the second one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment