Thursday, April 7, 2016

baby & me: rain or shine

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a pretty umbrella!




Books We Read: 




Rain Rain Go Away – Church
Rain- Thompson


Flannel Story: 10 Little Raindrops





I found these cute clip art raindrops on Etsy. We put them up on the felt board one at a time and all the parents sang along. I use variations of this song once a month or so and everyone knows it.

1 little, 2 little, 3 little raindrops
4 little, 5 little, 6 little raindrops
7 little, 8 little, 9 little raindrops
10 little raindrops falling down.

Oh boy, the rain is stopping now!

9 little, 8 little, 7 little raindrops
6 little, 5 little, 4 little raindrops
3 little, 2 little, 1 little raindrop
No little raindrops falling down.

Flannel Glove Puppet: 5 Little Raindrops




Five little raindrops (hold up five fingers)
Dancing on the walk (dance hand up and down)
Pitter patter, pitter patter, that’s the way they talk. (pat hands on legs)
Out comes the yellow sun, shining in the sky (show sun puppet)
And away goes one raindrop (hold up one finger)
Bye, bye, bye! (wave goodbye)

Rain Songs:

Little Raindrops Falling Down
from Jbrary -- LOVE them!

(Tune: London Bridge")
Little raindrops falling down, 
falling down, falling down
Little raindrops falling down, 
falling to the ground

Bigger raindrops - clap
Giant raindrops - stomp


Rain on the Grass (with Scarves)
also from Jbrary!

Rain on the grass (shake on floor), 
rain on the trees (shake high), 
rain on the roof (hold above head) 
but not on me (drop)

Repeat with snow, sun and leaves instead of rain.

We also finished the program with You Are My Sunshine instead of Twinkle Twinkle to go with our weather theme.



Puppet Song: One Red Rain Boot




I printed some clip art rubber boots then attached them to popsicle sticks. I sing a Mitten version of this one during the winter months that I love, so I thought we needed one for spring too.

1 red rain boot, what’ll I do?
1 red rain boot, what’ll I do?
1 red rain boot, what’ll I do?
I’ll find the other one, now there’s 2!
YAY! (wave both boots in the air)

We repeated with YELLOW and STRIPED.

This was a fun class with about 20 babies attending. The books were just ok but I loved my songs, flannel board and puppet song.




No comments:

Post a Comment