Thursday, April 28, 2016

baby & me: catch the wind




Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found a sparkly pinwheel! We blew on the pinwheel to make it spin. WIND would also make our pinwheel spin around.


Books We Read: 
Wind- Thompson




Homemade Book: Five Little Kites

I wanted to use this rhyme but we already had a flannel board and a prop song, so I printed clipart on my color printer instead!

page 1


Five little kites flying high in the sky (hold book up high)
Said, "Hi!" to the clouds as they passed by --
(“Hi Clouds!”),

page 2


Said, "Hi!" to the birds --
(“hello birds!”)

page 3 (etc.!)


Said "Hi!" to the sun --
(“Hi, Sun!”),

Said, "Hi!" to an airplane
(“Hello Airplane!”)
--oh what fun!

Then whoosh went the wind,
And they all took a dive (go back to page 1 and lower book fast like its sinking)
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5! (point to each kite as you count)


Flannel Story: 10 Little Pinwheels

I printed these pretty pinwheels off of Etsy. So colorful!



1 little 2 little 3 little pinwheels
4 little 5 little 6 little pinwheels
7 little 8 little 9 little pinwheels
10 little pinwheels out today!

Then we counted down and took all the pinwheels down.
9 little, 8 little….
No little pinwheels out today!


Prop Song: I'm a Little Kite

I have an old kite craft made from an OTC kit long ago. You can see it in one of the photos above. I clipped it to a popsicle stick and wrote a little song for it:

(tune: I’m a Little Teapot)
I’m a little kite
Just look at me!
I’m as colorful as can be.
I need wind to help me fly.
Look for me up in the sky!

Not bad, right? LOLOL!!!!

School is out so we had a nice manageable group of twelve kids. A couple were older siblings who sat with the little ones and did the songs and rhymes with them; it was amazing to watch. A fun morning and I enjoyed this theme a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment