Thursday, March 17, 2016

baby & me: what is GREEN?

Mystery Box: Inside our mystery box, we found another box!  What color is this one? GREEN! What’s in the green box? A crayon, a ball, a turtle and a pear: all the items are GREEN!



This box was purchased at Lakeshore Learning in a set of four and it's pretty cool!








Books We Read:
Hoppity Frog- Parrish (love these Slide and Seek books!)
What Is Green? - a homemade book by me! I just copied and pasted clipart of all kinds of green things and we read it together. Worked great!!

What is green? Animals, vegetables, fruits, trees, & even the Statue of Liberty is green!




Flannel Story: Green Shamrock Song




So simple, yet effective and perfect for St Paddy's Day!

Sing: Oh where oh where can my green shamrock be? 
Oh where oh where can it be?

I put a red shamrock on the board & asked, "Is this shamrock green? ...No, this is red."

Repeat with each shamrock until you get to the green one, of course! Then we counted all of our shamrocks 1,2,3,4.

This was a last minute theme that I chose this morning on my way to work! I hate to miss a holiday!! so I focused on the color green. When I held up my homemade book to read to our group, I joked that obviously this book was written by me so it's going to be amazing! It was fun! 

We had a HUGE group today with like 25 adults at least so it was packed and hot. Time to turn on the air conditioner, I think! A nice class. One grandparent told me afterwards that I was amazing and she seemed to really love the class. A dad told me that my voice was perfect for this work, which made me laugh because I'm not exactly American Idol material but the babies don't care one bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment