Friday, February 5, 2016

toddler time: hooray for hugs & kisses!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found Duck and Goose! What color is Duck? What color is his friend Goose?  What does a duck say?




Books We Read: 
Duck and Goose: Goose Needs a Hug-  Hill (Perfect for this age group!!)
Big Hugs, Little Hugs- Numeroff (Love it!)
Daddy Hugs- Tafuri
Daddy Hugs- Warnes


Flannel Board/Puppet Story: Chester the Raccoon & the Kissing Hand




I borrowed this idea from the AWESOME blog Sunflower Storytime. I used my raccoon puppet. I velcroed a felt heart on his paw and we matched it to one on the board. We also counted the hearts and named the colors. See the post HERE for the sweet rhyme.


Craft: Love Bugs




I printed these adorable bugs on cardstock. They colored them and cut them out. We taped sparkly antennas on them too. Don't forget to fold the arms so he looks like he's really hugging! Perfect craft for today’s theme came from this blog. You can also print baby bugs for the big bug to hold but that seemed like too much work for toddlers. Would use another time for older kids though!


Very small turnout today due to snow. Was planning to do penguins today but switched at the last minute. This was a great theme and I will re-use these ideas for sure. My favorite moment of the day was after I read the Duck & Goose book, all the little girls spontaneously started hugging each other -- so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment