Friday, February 12, 2016

flannel friday: valentine owls

sorry, this Valentine themed post is a little bit late! 

I am so totally jealous of everyone who plans this stuff in advance; I am always throwing things together at the last minute these days. I do have some extra job duties right now since my boss is out on maternity leave, so that is my excuse!

anyway, I found some very cute red & pink owl stickers at Michael's last month & thought they'd be adorable for my valentine craft. 

The cute valentine owls pictured below are purchased from Etsy. I tweaked a popular owl fingerplay by changing just one or two words to make it more "holiday friendly". "Moonlit" night became "valentine" night; we have halloween night so I figured why not????

I found the original rhyme on PerpetualPreschool.com





5 Little Owls

5 little owls on Valentine night. 5 little owls are quite a sight.

5 little owls, Are you keeping score? One flew away! And then there were 4.

4 little owls, Happy as can be, One flew away! Then there were 3.

3 little owls calling "Whoo! Whoo!" One flew away! And that left two.

2 little owls having lots of fun. One flew away! And that left 1.

1 little owl, We are almost done. He flew away! And that left none.



This is our owl craft:


Side one...

...and side two!

You can read more about this program HERE. thanks for reading and happy valentine's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment