Tuesday, January 26, 2016

toddler time: crazy about color

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a bunch of bean bags! What COLORS do we see?  

I passed out beanbags to everyone & we did our weekly rhyme.

Put your beanbag UP, put your beanbag DOWN
Hold your beanbag and turn around!
Put your beanbag UP, put your beanbag DOWN
Put your beanbag down on the ground.





Books We Read: 
Dog’s Colorful Day- Dodd
I Say, You Say: Colors- Carpenter
Zoom: A Fast Paced Book of Colors- My Little World 


Flannel Board: Colorful Dogs 




We sang:
Brown Dog, Brown Dog, what do you see?
I see a pink dog looking at me!

I put each dog on the felt board one at a time until all six were there and we counted them together.

This is the photo that inspired my felt dogs. 


Image of Felt Puppy Sewing Kit
from freekidscrafts.com

There is even a template so they were very easy and fun to create. Click here to check it out.



Craft: Colorful Dogs on paper plates




MakingLearningFun.com has lots of art activities to go with Dog's Colorful Day. You can find them here. I used the super cute paper plate project idea and here is the link for the printable. We glued our pictures to small paper plates and attached a ribbon for hanging. SUPER easy!!

Two nice groups today of around 16 kids each. I loved my flannel song & it was fun to break out the bean bags. Although Dog's Colorful Day is a little bit long for my kids, it really held their attention and I tried to make it interactive and fun for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment