Tuesday, January 12, 2016

toddler time: all about Olaf

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a snowman named Olaf! 




I passed out paper Olafs to everyone & we did our weekly rhyme.

Put your Olaf UP, put your Olaf DOWN
Hold your Olaf and turn around!
Put your Olaf  UP, put your Olaf DOWN
Put your Olaf down on the ground.





Books We Read: 
An Amazing Snowman- Hicks
The Itsy Bitsy Snowman- Burton (first we sang The Itsy Bitsy Spider together!)


Flannel Board Story: 5 Little Olafs 




I love this super easy song. See my Flannel Friday post here.
This time, when we sang about the sun, I held up my sun prop. I also shook bells right before I sang "melted away" for each verse.


Craft: Shaving Cream Snow Man Faces




This is one of my favorite crafts so it's one of the few that I repeat every year! See my previous post here.

We also colored our cardstock Olafs and taped them to popsicle sticks to make puppets.



We had about 15 kids or so for each session. Olaf is extremely popular so this was a great theme for the kids. One mom told me that her daughter “ loves Olaf and you did the Banana song so it’s a great day!” A father commented on how creative my craft projects are, better than the local YMCA! I really love using common, everyday kitchen supplies like paper plates, lunch bags, etc. in my crafts because they are super accessible and economical too! A fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment