Friday, January 29, 2016

flannel friday: colorful dogs

A couple of weeks ago, I used one of my favorite books, Dog's Colorful Day, for a toddler program about colors. This flannel board is a twist on the ever adaptable "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" rhyme. I could do a twist on this every week but I guess that might get kind of boring for the kids at some point.




I made several felt dogs using the pattern I found HERE and we sang to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

Brown dog, brown dog, what do you see?
I see a purple dog looking at me!

I saved the white dog with rainbow spots for last and pointed out how he kind of resembled the dog in today's story.

We counted up all of our dogs at the end together to finish. For more on my program, including a printable craft from makinglearningfun.com, check out my post here.

thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment