Friday, December 18, 2015

toddler time: MORE gingerbread fun

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a gingerbread house! But where is the gingerbread man who lives here?





I sang:

Where is My Gingerbread Man?
(to the tune of "Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?")
Oh where, oh where is my Gingerbread Man?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
He popped out of the oven and ran out the door.
Oh where, oh where can he be?

Maybe he’s behind this little door? 
We check but he’s not there!

Do you think he’s INSIDE the house? Should we check? 
Let’s count 1,2,3 – there he is!



I passed out gingerbread boys and girls to all the kids & we did our weekly rhyme.

Put your gingerbread man UP, put your gingerbread man DOWN
Hold your gingerbread man and turn around!
Put your gingerbread man  UP, put your gingerbread man DOWN
Put your gingerbread man down on the ground.






Books We Read: 
Maisy Makes Gingerbread- Cousins







Flannel Board Story: 5 Little Gingerbread Men In a Row

I thought up a twist on this well known rhyme yesterday. For more on this flannel story, click HERE






Puppet Song: The Gingerbread Man 


Do you know what this gingerbread boy likes to do? Run!!!!

The Gingerbread Man(tune of "The Wheels on the Bus")
The Gingerbread Man runs through the town,
Through the town, through the town.
The Gingerbread Man goes through the town,
Singing, "Catch me if you can!"

He ran away from a cow,
From a cow, from a cow.
He ran away from a cow,
Singing, "Catch me if you can!"

Repeat with Pig and Dog puppets. Then, the final verse:

The Gingerbread Man ran back home,
Ran back home, ran back home.
The Gingerbread Man ran back home
where he was safe and warm.

I tucked my Gingerbread Man puppet into his house & we said goodbye to him. Then, I invited the kids to put their gingerbread boys and girls in the gingerbread house that I made by attaching clipart to a box. 



The green door opens to let the ginger people in!




Holiday Song: Jingle Bells and Stop

I brought out my new tambourines from Lakeshore Learning. We sang this adorable song that people were posting about on the Storytime Underground FB page this week.

"Jingle Bells and Stop " is by Miss Carole and you can hear the tune here.

We jingled high, low, fast and slow to this tune and it was so fun! Then, everyone joined in for "Jingle Bells."








Craft: Rocking Gingerbread Men

I printed a gingerbread man for the kids to color onto white cardstock. They folded a paper plate in half and glued him on so he could rock back and forth. We decorated the plates with gingerbread foamie stickers from Oriental Trading Co. 

You could also hang a ribbon on this gingerbread man and hang him up somewhere if you like.




A fun class and I actually loved everything about it!! A great way to end 2015. See you next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment