Thursday, December 3, 2015

baby & me: be there or be SQUARE






Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box today, we found a waffle, a little present and a green square!  All of these things are SQUARE. Let's put them in my purple box - 1,2,3.




Books We Read: 
Squares- Yonezu
Birthday Box- Patricelli
Meow and the Big Brown Box- Braun





Flannel Story: Baby Fox, Baby Fox, Are You In the Purple Box?

Mama Fox is missing her baby! Is he in this big box?

Baby Fox, Baby Fox, Are You In the Purple Box?
No, just a blue box.

Baby Fox, Baby Fox, Are You In the Blue Box?
No, just a black box.



Repeat until you find him in the yellow box.






Puppet Rhyme: Three Pink Pigs

My friend Rebecca told me about this cute puppet made by Folkmanis and I tracked one down on ebay.

Who is hiding in this little brown box? it looks kind of like a house. 
Oh no, there are three pigs in here!

Where are the piggies? Peeka BOO!
Where are the piggies? Peeka BOO!
Where are the piggies? Peeka BOO!
Peeka BOO to the piggies!

Then I sang this one:

3 small pigs, 3 small pigs
see how they wiggle, see  how they wiggle!
they eat and they eat and they all day
they oink and they oink and it's all they say
they play in the mud but it's all ok
for three small pigs!
(I made this up to sing to the tune of 3 Blind Mice)


We had an amazing delivery of brand new toys from Lakeshore Learning this week and I was so excited about this program. Some of the little ones were on the wild side and it was really difficult to get thru the class. I never have this happen with the babies, usually, it's the parents at Baby & Me, LOL! Hoping next week is better. Gave everyone a pass this week, but will have to address this next session if it continues and the parents do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment