Monday, October 19, 2015

toddler time: the cat's Meeow


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a little black cat!! What does a cat say?




I passed out paper Pete the Cats to all the kids & we did our weekly rhyme.


Put your cat UP, put your cat DOWN
Hold your cat and turn around!
Put your cat UP, put your cat DOWN
Put your cat down on the ground.



Books We Read: 
The Wheels on the Bus- Pete the Cat version
I Love My White Shoes- Dean/Litwin (1st session only)
Meeow and the Big Brown Box- Braun



Cute Cat Fingerplay:

I'm a Little Kitty Cat (from Jbrary of course!)

I'm a little kitty cat
Nice and sweet
Here are my whiskers
and here are my feet
When I go out hunting, mice beware
Or you might just have a scare!




Felt Story: Hide and Seek with Meeow 

(I shamelessly copied this from some recent flannel friday posts by Mel’s Desk! It was sooo adorable I could not resist. I made 6 objects for hiding AND Meow and his four friends. It was very fun and so easy to follow her example. I plan to use this felt set with toddlers and babies too!)








Craft: Meeow Paper Bag Puppets





I took the pattern I used for my felt board Meeow and enlarged it a bit. I cut the face shapes from black construction paper so the kids could just glue them on. I also made paper eyes, as well as noses and mouths cut from adhesive pink foam sheets. This craft turned out amazing. 

When I passed out materials to the kids at craft time, I started with the brown lunch bags first. I told the kids to decorate them while I passed out the other stuff; this bought me time AND let them make their puppets kind of "personalized" and much more colorful.

A great day with 20 kids the early session and 16 in the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment