Friday, October 9, 2015

Flannel Friday: 5 Little Rocking Horses

Our Toddler Time theme this week was HORSES, which happens to be one of my favorites. After a story or two, we sing "Old MacDonald" with my animal puppets and make an adorable rocking horse paper plate craft. 

I thought it would be fun to have a flannel board about rocking horses, so last week I came up with this twist on "Five Little Cookies at the Bake Shop."

I found this cute clip art on Etsy which features six horses and I like to use numbers besides five occasionally, so it worked out great!




6 little rocking horses at the toy store. (show 6 fingers)
They rocked and they rocked and they rocked some more (rock side to side or wave hands)
Along came puppet/child's name with a dollar to pay.
He/she bought one and took it away!

Here is our craft:




I found this idea on Artsy Craft Mom. The rocking horse came from here

I print and pre-cut a rocking horse on cardstock for each child. They just color them and attach them to a folded paper plate with a glue stick. The ones the kids make always look better than mine!





Thanks for reading!

2 comments: