Thursday, October 1, 2015

baby & me: singing a song

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a pink harmonica!  A harmonica plays music! 

I do not really know how to play the harmonica but I played a few notes for them so they could hear what it sounds like. Then we started today's program which was all about SONGS.




Books We Read: 
If You’re Happy and You Know It- Carter
Row, Row, Row Your Boat- Ellwand






Flannel Story: Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I explained that our felt story came from a very well known book they probably already knew and we were going to sing it to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

I bought this cute felt set last year from Amazon.com


Puppet Rhyme: Itsy Bitsy Spider

We sang the Itsy Bitsy Spider (AND the big enormous spider version too!) It's great how everyone loves this song so they all join in!

Around 12 babies and caregivers braved the nasty weather this cold, rainy morning! It was a nice group and I loved the theme. There were lots of great singing books to choose from and it was so awesome when the parents all sang along; my babies always LOVE this!! So fun (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment