Friday, September 11, 2015

baby & me: mama loves me

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a blue bird!  And she has some baby birds in here: 1, 2, 3! What does a bird say? 




I found this cute puppet idea on the terrific blog Future Librarian Superhero in a post called Naptime Chickens. I made the chicken version then I did another version for birds! I just used blue felt and tweaked a few of the words! The moms seemed to really appreciate this sweet rhyme.

Puppet Rhyme:

Come little birdies, calls the Mama Bird.
It’s time for a nap, haven’t you heard?
And under her feathers the little birds creep
And she sings them a song til they fall asleep
Tweet Tweet Tweet…





Books We Read: 
Mommy, Carry Me Please- Cabrera
Are You My Mommy- Wan







Flannel Story: Mama Loves You

I found this cute felt board idea here and it really is perfect for love/valentine and mother themed programs. It is based on a book so as I said each line, I flipped over the heart to reveal a cute animal. Very fun! We did five hearts today.




A nice group of about 12 babies today so the program was very manageable and fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment