Friday, September 18, 2015

baby & me: food is fun!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found two red apples!  Let’s put them in our apple tree!




Puppet Rhyme: I used the tree prop I made from felt.

Way up high in the apple tree
I saw 2 little apples smiling at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples
Ummm, were they good!
(repeat with oranges and pears)






We repeated the apple version one more time as an action rhyme with baby lifts & a little shaking.






Books We Read: 
Yummy Yucky- Patricelli






Flannel Story: Food version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I made these cute food pieces for a great rhyme I saw on Mel’s Desk. This was such a big group of people, I really wanted something more interactive so we put up the foods one at a time saying:

Orange carrot, orange carrot, what do you see?
I see some red cherries looking at me!

All the adults joined in so it worked fine, but I would still like to try it someday with Mel’s rhyme!

I thought when the teachers went back to school, my baby group might shrink a little bit but we had over 24 babies today! I thought things went very well, especially considering the number of people in the room. Nice theme too!

No comments:

Post a Comment