Friday, July 10, 2015

baby & me: more monkeys!



Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a monkey!! What does a monkey say?





Books We Read: 
Monkey & Me- Gravett
Mommy, Carry Me Please- Cabrera
Do Monkeys Tweet- Walsh






Flannel Story: Mama Monkey

I hid Baby Monkey behind one of our colorful felt shapes. We said:

Mama Monkey, Mama Monkey, look and see!
Your baby is hiding! Where can he be?
Is he under the blue square?

Keep looking until you find him!


Puppet Song: Monkey in a Barrel

This puppet is so cute and I think I’ve been neglecting him lately!! We sang Peekaboo Monkey.

Where is Monkey? Peeka BOO!
Where is Monkey? Peeka BOO!
Where is Monkey? Peeka BOO! 
Peekaboo to Monkey!



We also tried two new Jbrary rhymes today! We did “We Wiggle and Wiggle and Stop” at the beginning of our class and the Beyonce inspired “All the Little Babies” toward the end of class with scarves. Both went over really well! I was nervous to try the Beyonce one because I felt a little silly but the scarves helped and it was very fun! 

We had a big group but not as huge as last week and things seemed pretty good aside from a couple of cryers and one runner. 

Today was my birthday so my co-workers came in and had everyone sing happy birthday to me, it was so sweet! A couple of moms asked me why I had to work on my birthday and I could have used a vacation day but I honestly didn’t want to miss my baby program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment