Friday, June 5, 2015

toddler time: a race car is FAST!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a race car! What color is our race car? Is a race car FAST or slow?




I printed a whole bunch of vehicles & animals, and now I held them up one at a time.




Is a tractor SLOW or FAST?
A butterfly is slow but an airplane is FAST!
A turtle is slow but a horse is FAST!
A bike is slow but a train is FAST!
A hot air balloon is slow but a rocket is FAST!

Passed out colorful race cars to all the kids then we did our rhyme.




Put your race car UP, put your race car DOWN
Hold your race car and turn around!
Put your race car UP, put your race car DOWN
Put your race car down on the ground.

Then we sang a song with our cars:

Driving around in my little race car
Driving around in my little race car
Driving around in my little race car
Having so much fun OR ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Repeated with:
Driving really fast in my little race car…
Driving really slow in my little race car…








Books We Read: 
The Wheels on the Racecar – Zane
Zoom by Litton
My Race Car- Landers








Flannel Story: 9 Little Racers

I printed out these colorful racer clipart that I found on Etsy. As I placed them on the felt board for a big race, we sang:

1 little 2 little 3 little racers
4 little 5 little 6 little racers
7 little 8 little 9 little racers
All the little racers ready to go!

Then we took them off the felt board:
9 little, 8 little 7 little racers…






Craft: Race Car puppet (Disney Cars)

This was a super easy one but I came up with this at the last possible moment! I know my nephew LOVES Lightning McQueen so I printed them out and we made them into popsicle stick puppets. The kids really liked this one, especially the boys!

Great crowd today with about 25 kids! Fun theme with great books!



No comments:

Post a Comment