Thursday, June 18, 2015

baby & me: one for the fathers!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a nest of baby birds!! What does a bird say?



The birds in the nest go TWEET TWEET TWEET
TWEET TWEET TWEET
TWEET TWEET TWEET
The birds in the nest go TWEET TWEET TWEET
All day long!





Books We Read: 
Daddy, Look What I Can Do- Mack (cute!)
Daddy Hugs- Tafuri
Daddy Hugs 1 2 3- Katz



Flannel Story: Five Baby Robins

I was inspired by a fingerplay that I found here but I switched it up a little to include the Daddy bird in each line. I just printed clip art robins for this one!




5 baby robins watch Daddy robin soar
1 baby leaves the nest, now there are 4
4 baby robins sit with Daddy in a tree
1 flies off to catch a worm & then there are 3
3 baby robins hear their Daddy sing a tune
1 tried out his new found wings & then there are 2
2 baby robins sit with Daddy in the sun
Another baby chased a bug & then there is 1
1 baby robin with her Daddy all her own
And this baby robin stays at home!



I've never really done a lot of Father's Day or Mother's Day programming so this was new to me. I feel like I do Mom related stuff throughout the year, but not much with Dads. But I get mostly moms at programs and I didn't want anyone to feel sad if they don't have a dad at home. I guess growing up without my father makes me a little over sensitive to this? Then, I found out that one of the babies attending with a grandparent today has an absent father with a drug problem and I wanted to be respectful of that kind of situation. Anyway, I tried to celebrate fathers but focus on other stuff too and it seemed ok!

We had a happy and lively bunch today with about 14 babies! Great group, very fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment