Thursday, June 4, 2015

baby & me: beautiful butterflies

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a pretty butterfly.  (Or put in a couple and change it to butterflies!)




Puppet Song: Flutter Flutter Butterfly (tune: Twinkle Twinkle)

Flutter flutter butterfly
Floating in the bright blue sky
Floating by for all to see
Floating by so merrily
Flutter flutter butterfly
Floating in the bright blue sky

Books We Read: 
A White Butterfly- Ortelli (very colorful; good with flannel song below)
Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Caterpillars - Tarbett (a little long for babies but very colorful!)
Flutterby Butterfly- Emma Parish (perfect for babies!! She has a frog one too!)






Flannel Story: Butterfly, Butterfly (from Flannel Friday post by The Wielded Pen)

Brought out felt butterflies one at a time for this song:

Butterfly, butterfly, passing me by
Butterfly, butterfly, passing me by
Butterfly, butterfly, passing me by
Oh what color are you?

We did red, yellow, green and purple today. Could use for a color themed program also and I think toddlers will love it too!


A small group today again with about 12 babies but we had a great time. Maybe this is my new normal now? It might only feel small to me after the huge crowds I used to get. When we have playtime on the rug, it seems like the perfect number of people since there is much less overcrowding. Why does it make me feel like I'm not doing a good job then? I know its ridiculous to say because I know my baby program gets better & better -- practice makes perfect. I need to adjust to smaller group size and enjoy it!!! This was a fun theme, the books were great! The babies loved the butterfly puppet & song. The felt board was really fun too and super simple to make!

I went back to my usual welcome song after my attempt to mix things up last week. This morning, one of the caregivers even mentioned that no one liked it last week LOL! Oops! 

No comments:

Post a Comment