Friday, May 15, 2015

preschool visits




Today, I had some wonderful visits to the preschool classes at a nearby school. 

Books We Read:




The Three Bears- Barton (probably my #1 favorite fairy tale to read aloud, it's just perfect!)

Who Ate All the Cookie Dough-Beaumont

The Icky Sticky Frog- Bentley

Don't Push the Button- Cotter (reminds me of a shorter version of Press Here)

Monster, Monster- Walsh

Charlie the Chicken- Denchfield

Polar Bear's Underwear- Tupera (my newest favorite! it was a hit today!)




Supertruck - (great to tie in to hero theme for Summer Reading 2015)

I ALWAYS end my preschool visits with Carter's If You're Happy and You Know It



I don't know what I would do without this amazing book. Wish they would reprint it because my copy is getting worn & I'm freakishly protective of it.


Rhymes:
Let Everyone Clap Hands Like Me
Purple Stew
Sticky Sticky Bubble Gum
Dance Your Fingers Up High

Felt Board:
Flip Flap Jack (sooo fun to do!! kids love it!)



At the beginning of one class, I asked if they liked silly songs and one kid announced that he liked jokes! Guess I better find myself some good jokes (-:

Recently found a good ice breaker for those first few moments with a group! After introducing myself and the name of my branch, I ask the kids "What do you get at the library? Do you get pizza at the library? Do they give out ice cream at the library? Can you get free cupcakes at the library?!!" The silly questions seem to loosen everyone up (especially myself!) and set the tone for a fun storytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment