Friday, May 1, 2015

Flannel Friday: Ten Little Suns

Inspired by a recent trip to balmy Florida, I decided to go with a SUN theme for today's Toddler Time. I found so many great books and a cute songs to use! 

For our flannel board, I made ten felt suns and right before the program I suddenly decided to cut ten white felt clouds, too. I covered each sun with a white cloud. 

When I held up the board before we sang the song, I told the kids, “I have some clouds to show you. It looks like something is trying to peek thru those clouds!” 

If you look closely, you see some orange sun rays sticking out in places! (I had just barely enough white felt for this, LOL! Time to re-stock!)





As I sang the counting song, I removed the clouds to reveal the suns underneath:

1 little, 2 little, 3 little sunshines
4 little, 5 little, 6 little sunshines
7 little, 8 little, 9 little sunshines
10 little sunshines are out today!





Then I announced "Uh oh, looks like it's getting cloudy again!" and we covered the suns back up:

9 little, 8 little, 7 little suns
6 little, 5 little, 4 little suns
3 little, 2 little, 1 little sun
No little suns are out today!

For a more info on today's program, check my post HERE!




2 comments:

  1. Adorable!! This is perfect for toddler storytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you soooo much, Kathryn!!

      Delete