Thursday, May 28, 2015

baby & me: how does your garden grow?

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found some pretty flowers.  



Puppet Rhyme: Five Little Flowers (from So Tomorrow)

One little flower had nothing much to do,
Out popped another one, then there were 2 

Two little flowers were smiling at the bee,
Out popped another one, then there were 3

Three little flowers were growing by the door,
Out popped another one, then there were 4

Four little flowers were glad to be alive,
Out popped another one, then there were 5






Books We Read:
Eric Carle’s How Things Grow (loved it!)
Guess What: Flowers- Yonezu (so fun!)
Bunny’s Garden (ran out of time)





Flannel Story: Where Is Baby Bunny?

Baby Bunny is lost in the garden! Let’s see if we can find him.
Is he under the watering can? Behind the flowers? 
Lift each object until you find him!
Objects are laminated clipart but the bunny is made of felt.


Our baby group has been shrinking lately. Maybe its the warm weather? I missed last week due to terrible allergies, maybe others are sick as well? Twelve babies is a nice number still so I can't complain. Last year, we had so many babies I tried offering 2 sessions so this seems strange. Toddler Time continues to be well attended. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer! I really liked this theme & was excited to share a new felt board and my flower glove rhyme. Books were great too! 

I tried a new "Hello Song" to mix things up a bit but it was just ok. I found it on Jbrary and I love them!

Let's all clap cause Joey is here, Joey is here, Joey is here.
Let's all clap cause Joey is here
Joey is here today!
(clapping)


I'll probably go back to my old standby next week:

Hello Joey! 
Hello Joey!
Hello Joey!
We're so glad you're here!
(clapping)





No comments:

Post a Comment