Friday, April 24, 2015

toddler time: robots rule!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a robot! Who likes robots?



I passed out awesome robot cutouts from the teacher section of the Dollar Store!

Everyone did our rhyme:

Put your robot UP, put your robot DOWN
Hold your robot and turn around!
Put your robot UP, put your robot DOWN

Put your robot down on the ground.



Then we did an adorable "Robot themed" version of The Wheels on the Bus that I found here:


The lights on the robot go on and off
On and off, on and off
The lights on the robot go on and off
All day long

The arms on the robot go up and down
Up and down, up and down
The arms on the robot go up and down
All day long

The eyes on the robot go open and shut
Open & shut, open & shut
The eyes on the robot go open & shut
All day long

The antennas on the robot go wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
The antennas on the robot go wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
All day long





Books We Read: 
Robots Slither – Hunter (great for this age group)
Hello Robots – Staake (I love the colorful robots but it was a little long for my toddlers so I shortened it a bit)



Flannel Story: Four Noisy Robots from a terrific blog: AnnesLibraryLife




Four noisy robots in the toy shop,
Shiny and tall with antenna on the top.
Along came a girl with a penny one day.
Bought a noisy robot and took it away.
(continue with 3, 2, 1 noisy robots)

I used laminated card stock robots (printed from sweetclipart.com) instead of felt to save time! If I'm not sure if I'll be reusing a theme a lot or if the pieces are very detailed and I'm on a time crunch, I'm perfectly fine with printing & laminating figures for my flannel boards. Kids don't seem to mind at all.



Craft: Robot Finger Puppets

(Today's puppet craft and the robot in our Mystery Box)


I printed these great puppets (you can find them HERE) onto white cardstock & cut them out. The kids colored them, then decorated with a few stickers. They came out really cute!

We had about 22 kids today, a perfect sized group for our room. I missed Toddler Time for a couple of weeks so it was super nice to see everyone today. Many moms told me I had been missed which is so wonderful to hear. Great day! I was slightly nervous about this theme but the kids seemed to like it, especially the boys, and the craft was great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment