Thursday, April 2, 2015

baby & me: jumping for joy!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a frog! What does a frog say? What color is a frog? What does a frog do? He JUMPS and HOPS!

Goodbye, Frog! See you later!




Books We Read: 
Hop- Root (ok)
Who Can Jump- Braun (good!)
Llama Llama Hippity Hop- Dewdney (no time today!)





Flannel Story: Hippity Hop Hippety Hay

See my post here.


Puppet Songs: Froggy in a Flower Prop




I made the flower from felt and took a finger puppet frog to make this cute prop! More info on this guy HERE.

We sang:
Where is Froggy? Peekaboo!
Where is Froggy? Peekaboo!
Where is Froggy? Peekaboo!
Peekaboo to Froggy!


Also:
Little froggy in a flower 
sitting so still.
Will he pop out?
Yes he will!
He hops to the left
He hops to the right
He hops all around
Then he pops out of sight!

We had a great crowd today, though I wasn't sure with the holiday weekend. I tried some new Jbrary rhymes today (Where Oh Where Are Baby's Fingers, One Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Fingers AND Ride Baby Ride) I think it will take a couple of weeks for them to learn but I like to mix it up once in a while. My Flower Frog puppet was a BIG hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment