Friday, March 6, 2015

toddler time: what a hoot!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a little OWL puppet! What does an owl say?



And in my prop box, we found another owl, this one is much bigger!

I put both owl puppets behind my back for this song (tune: Frere Jacques)

Where is Little Owl? Where Is Little Owl?
Here I am! Here I am!
How are you today Owl? 
Very well, I thank you.
Fly away! Fly away!

Repeat with Big or Mama Owl

We passed out colorful paper owls to everyone & sang:

Put your owl UP, put your owl DOWN
Hold your owl and turn around!
Put your owl UP, put your owl DOWN

Put your owl down on the ground.


Books We Read: 
Who’s Hiding- Scholastic
Night Owl- Yuli




Flannel Story: I See Five Little Owls

We counted the owls in the felt tree and sang this song (tune: Happy Birthday):

I see 5 little owls,
I see 5 little owls,
I see 5 little owls,
But one flew away!
Hoot Hoot! Bye Owl!

Repeat until all the owls have flown away.


Craft: Owl Puppets



We decorated the owls passed out at the beginning of the program. We used crayons and brightly colored feathers, then we taped them to a jumbo popsicle stick. The feathers were a big hit with the toddlers!!!

We had great group today with 18 kids. I wasn't sure how many to expect after a pretty bad snowstorm yesterday and roads that were still pretty slippery this morning, but so many people came out. The puppets and flannel boards worked great today and I loved the simple craft. The books were fine too. A really nice morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment