Tuesday, March 17, 2015

preschool fun: going with green

Today’s theme was the COLOR GREEN! Since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, that worked out perfectly!

This is the fifth program in my Preschool Colors Series.




Books We Read:

Green- Seeger (my opening book and the best one of the day! Kids came right up to see the illustrations, they LOVED it!)
Little Green- Baker
Go Away Big Green Monster- Emberley
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover- Colondro (I loved how it tied to today’s themes but kids were just ok for it)
Where Is the Green Sheep- Fox (Really kept their attention!)
Nibble’s Garden- Middleton (cute but just ok for storytime)






Flannel Story: Leprechaun, Leprechaun, What Do You See?

I found this cute idea on Storytime ABC's.
It was very fun and easy to make with clipart. For the words/more info, click the link above!




Love this puppet!

Puppet: Folkmanis Caterpillar/Butterfly

Since there were caterpillars in the Middleton story, I brought this puppet out & asked what color he was and what caterpillars turn into. Of course, then everyone wanted to make him turn into a butterfly! We only had about 10 kids so after we finished stories & songs, I gave each one a chance.







Craft: Shamrock Puppets

I found these cute boy & girl puppets online so I printed them on green card stock for the kids to color & cut. I also brought out the green glitter to jazz them up a bit more & they turned out great!

We had our usual preschool crowd of about 10 kids today. My favorite things from the program were the Seeger book, the flannel board & also the Emberley story. A nice morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment