Thursday, March 12, 2015

baby & me: it's color time!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a tomato, an orange, a banana and some broccoli. What do you do with these colorful things? You eat them!! 




Do you know what color this is, what color this is, what color this is?
Do you know what color this is? 
This is __________(red, orange, yellow, green)!
(tune: Do You Know the Muffin Man)






Books We Read: 
Maisy’s First Colors- Cousins (just ok)
I Say, You Say: Colors- Carpenter (WONDERFUL!!)
First Colors (no time)







Flannel Story: Blue is the Sky

This is adapted from Mel’s Desk

Blue is the sky
Yellow is the sun
Silver are the stars when the day is done.
Green is the leaf
Brown is the tree
Red is the apple for you and me.


Puppet Song: Roley Poley the Hedgehog

We had a fun visit with my hedge hog puppet for a game of Peekaboo and three verses of his favorite song, Roley Poley! I love this little puppet!! 



Where is hedgehog? PEEKABOO!
Where is hedgehog? PEEKABOO!
Where is hedgehog? PEEKABOO!
PEEKABOO to Hedgehog!

Roley Poley, Roley, Poley
Up Up Up, Up Up Up!
Roley Roley Poley
Roley Roley Poley
Down Down Down! Down Down Down!
(tune: Frere Jacques)

(repeat with In & Out AND Fast & Slow!)
I learned this one on Jbrary!

What a difference a week makes! Last week, not a single person showed up for Baby & Me (first time EVER!!!) and I left work early due to the snowstorm. Today, the sun is out and the wind is cold, but there were almost 30 moms here today. We ran out of chairs, it was CRAZY!!!! 

When that happens, I just go with the flow! The crowd was very good tho and I got thru most all of the program, only skipping the scarves section because it seemed a little overwhelming to do another handout with that many people in the room. I could barely walk on the carpet without stepping on someone while passing out the shakey eggs.

This theme was fantastic, especially the flannel board and the I Say You Say book. I also LOVE the color song we sang with the fruit. I've used it with shapes a while back and it's just awesome!

I am off for the next two Thursdays due to a house move. Next week will be Baby Playtime only, though I told the moms that they probably could do the program without me since most of them know my songs & routines so well. I figured the play/chat time was the highlight of the morning for most of them anyways so no big deal, but I heard many of them saying they would skip next week! The following Thursday, a staff member should fill in for me with a regular class and then week after that, I'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment