Friday, February 6, 2015

toddler time: puppy love!

Today, our toddler theme was PUPPIES!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found Spot! What does a dog say? What does a dog like to chew on? Bones!





We passed out colorful paper bones to everyone & sang:

Hold your bone up
Hold your bone down
Hold your bone & turn around!
Hold your bone up
Hold your bone down
Put your bone on the ground.





Books We Read: 
Where’s Spot- Hill
Five Little Puppies Jumping on the Bed - Karr
Dog's Colorful Day- Dodd


Flannel Board: Where is Spot’s Bone?




See my post here!


Craft:
Spot Stick Puppets





I love Spot so this one was just cut, color and tape to a popsicle stick!

A wonderful class today with lots of familiar faces and about 20 kids.

So, I have to confess that I’m feeling a little overwhelmed lately! I have a bunch of upcoming programs to prep for February & March. I also have to make plans for our Summer programming. And on top of my workload, it turns out that I am moving to a new house nest month so I have like a ZILLION things to get done at home. It has been distracting. Luckily, I have some past programs like this one to fall back on so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel every week. I apologize in advance if some of these posts are repeats of past ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment