Thursday, February 19, 2015

preschool fun: black & white

Today’s theme was THINGS THAT ARE BLACK &/OR WHITE!

This is the fourth program in my Preschool Colors Series.


Books We Read:

So many different books can fit this theme and that’s part of why I love it. I was thinking clouds, snowmen, nighttime, penguins, pandas, zebras, cows, etc.




Snowmen at Night- Buehner
Panda Big and Panda Small- Cabrera
Panda Bear, Panda Bear What Do You See- Martin
Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere - Barner
The Little Zebra Who Lost His Stripes- Robaard
Moo Moo, Can You Say It Too - Braun
Little Cloud – Carle
Cookie's Week- Ward


Flannel Story: 5 Baby Penguins

I found this great rhyme here. I used clipart penguins so I just needed to make my felt iceberg. The penguins are laminated - sorry about the glare!







Craft: Paper Penguins (with moveable arms)




 I found this cute template here.


I printed it onto cardstock for the kids to color, cut and assemble. We gave our penguins sparkly star stickers for their bellies. SO easy and cute too!

Today was yet another brutally cold day here, with below zero temps so I only had ONE child attending. I originally planned this for December and got snowed out. I HATE WINTER! I will save my supplies and reuse this someday, maybe with a local preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment