Tuesday, February 10, 2015

love is all around: valentine craft

I found this adorable Valentine craft idea yesterday on lakeshorelearning.com and decided at the very last minute to use it for today's program.

My plan was to do Valentine windsocks using construction paper, streamers and foam heart shapes but I panicked because my foamies weren't adhesive like I thought and I was afraid they wouldn't stick to the paper with stick glue. I really need to replenish all my glue supplies because they have grown very sad looking lately.

Anyways, sometimes my very best ideas come when I least expect it and I just love this doggie craft! Aside from the printable below, all you really need are paper lunch bags -- thank goodness because I left myself like no time to shop for supplies.

Note: I did have to shrink the template to a smaller size for the lunch size bags. I think this craft was originally more for something bigger like a Trader Joe's bag. I printed the template in white, pink and red cardstock.

I also printed some cute doggie themed printable valentines to go with this mailbox craft.

hope the kids enjoy this one as much as i did!



You can find the template here!

Post Program Update:
we had a TON of kids attend our craft today and it might have been my favorite Valentine project EVER! Everyone had a ball decorating with the foam shapes which turned out to be sticky after all. Many of the kids made the printable valentines or took them home to finish. A fantastic program and inexpensive, too!

Two of our attendees gave me valentines so I couldn't wait to hang them up on the wall for everyone to see!






No comments:

Post a Comment