Thursday, February 26, 2015

baby & me: easy as 1, 2, 3!

Today's theme for Baby & Me was COUNTING, especially NUMBERS 1 to 3.

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found TWO birds: a duck and a goose. What does a duck say? QUACK! What does a goose say? HONK!!


How cute are these two???!! I just love them!



Books We Read: 
Duck and Goose 1 2 3 – Hill (went great with my stuffed Duck & Goose props!)
1 2 3 Counting Fun- My First Touch & Feel Series
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe- Cabrera







Flannel Story: Five Little Boats




I found this cute flannel board idea on Sunflower Storytime. It's great for a boat themed program but also works with my counting themed one. She even posted printable clipart for this!

I began with all the boats on the board, except for the sailboat. I brought him out at the very end like a surprise. We counted the boats one to four at the beginning of the rhyme, then we recounted with the sailboat on the felt board at the end.


The first little boat went chug, chug, chug.
The second little boat went tug, tug, tug.
The third little boat went row, row, row.
The fourth little boat went oh sooo slooooow.
Here comes the sailboat, watch it go!





Puppet Song: One, Two, Three, Blow!




This cute rhyme was recently posted on Flannel Friday by Story Time Secrets and I loved it so I basically copied the entire thing. It was great for today's number theme and I love how everyone can participate by counting along with me and doing the action for each verse. It worked great today!

Another smallish group today with about 12 babies. The nicest group of moms you could ever meet! The babies are mostly around the same age and everyone is a regular so its like we all know each other. This theme is great because so many books and flannels work with it, and you can have a lot of variety so it doesn't get boring. Good class today even though my throat is still a little sore from last week's cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment