Friday, January 16, 2015

baby & me: it's all happening at the zoo

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a lion! What does a lion say? ROARRRR!




Puppet Song: We’re Going to the Zoo

I love this set of safari animals by Folkmanis. I pull them out one at a time for this song.

We’re going to the zoo, we’re going to the zoo
I think we’ll see a lion there, we’re going to the zoo!




Books We Read:
Roar Roar Baby- Katz
Noodle Loves the Zoo- Billet



Flannel Story: Zoo Animal Version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I have some laminated clip art animals that I printed from kizclub.com so I put them up on the board as we said…

“Elephant, elephant, what do you see? I see a penguin looking at me!”



So easy and you can use it with whatever animals you have around. 

This rhyme is sooooo adaptable – it's amazing! I use it for insects, transportation, practically any theme will work! LOVE IT!



Puppet Song: We’re Going to the Zoo

cute finger puppet set

I love this set of African wild life animals by Folkmanis. I pull them out on my little bag one at a time for this song.

We’re going to the zoo, we’re going to the zoo
I think we’ll see a lion there, we’re going to the zoo!



Another great group today with about 15 babies so it was a perfect size. A couple of new faces which is good because many of my regulars are starting to graduate to Toddler Time. Its been a while since I did this theme with the babies and I found so many great books to use!



No comments:

Post a Comment